We said goodbye to Ms. Claire Bear yesterday. It was our privilege to have her with us for almost nine years and to see her off into the Universe when the time came.
Thank you for stopping by awhile, Claire. You were a very good girl.
THOUGHTS ON MAKING MARKS
1. You are an unrepeatable miracle. Against all the odds, you came into existence in this time and this place. There will never be another quite like you.
2. You were born a maker. It is the human condition. From the time we’re born, we make marks (paper, walls, shoes, our own skin), sing songs, and dance. It never stops.
3. After doing what we need to make a living, we do what makes us LIVE. When you sing off-key in the shower or embarrass your kid in a grocery aisle by doing a little shimmy to the 80s Muzak, you are making art.
4. Making is abundance. Creativity begets creativity. There is no need to fear that “this” idea will be the last. Creation comes from us like beads on a string—one after the other.
5. Find joy in the fact that no matter when or where, you are a maker. Giving freely to the world from your creative abundance will make a circle of giving that never ends. Share and it will spark more in others. Give with an open hand—post pictures, share stories, be silly.
Make your mark.
Playing with Ideas & Paper